Thursday, July 14, 2011

seasons...

As I was sitting in a worship service on Tuesday evening, a mime group came to share. The song they ministered to was "Seasons" by Donald Lawrence. I love that song. Besides being a well composed piece of music with a beautifully simply melodic line, the lyrics really resonate with me. Truly, when we look around there are seasons happening everywhere...

Following the service, my friend and I stood talking with the pastor of the church about the weather patterns over the past few years. The pastor took notice that when he was growing up the season were very distinct and easily recognizable, yet nowadays, it was hard to tell fall from spring and winter from summer. The seasons were running together, intermingling with one another so much that it became difficult to know how to dress for what time of year. And when I consider the past few years, the seasons are hard to distinguish...

It's amazing to me that we can go throughout our lives and move perpetually forward, but not recognize the season that we are in. Things are changing, shifts are happening, yet we don't always see what is taking place because we are not in tune with our surroundings, ourselves, and our God.  These two happenings mentioned earlier, plus conversations that I had throughout the week have sent my spirit and mind into a quandry as I try to figure out what's next. Recently married, steadily employed in various places, and enjoying life, yet I can sense in my spirit that one season in coming to a close and another is beginning anew. It's been happening for a while though, about 2 years or so, but I am just now catching on. I am catching on to where God is taking me. I am catching on to the fact that the leaves that have fallen in seasons gone by are fertilizing the ground for seasons to come. I am not sure of what this new season holds as far as opportunity, growth, and being a better disciple of Christ, but I sure want to get all that God has for me...

Are you paying attention to the seasons in your life? Don't miss it! God wants to give you all that God can in this season so that you will be ready for what God has in store for you...

-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment